Will You Stop Smoking on November 20th?
Thursday, November 20th marks the date of the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout. If you still smoke and want to make a positive change in your life, why not join peers across the country on November 20th and commit to quit?
Smoking can cause serious damage to the heart, lungs and bones. It causes deeper wrinkles and sagging skin, lines around the lips, reproductive issues and even early menopause. From a dental perspective, you should also know that tobacco usage:
• May be one of the biggest risk factors for periodontal disease
• Slows down the body’s ability to heal properly, making it harder to treat gum disease
• Means you are 2x as likely to lose teeth as nonsmokers
• Indicates you are 50x more likely to develop oral cancer as nonsmokers
• Causes bad breath and ugly, stained teeth
Williamsburg Dental wishes any current smokers good luck in quitting and joining the app. 48 million FORMER smokers in this country who’ve put themselves on the path to success by quitting smoking. Please COMMIT TO QUIT!