Is it your first time receiving Botox? Knowing what to do and what to avoid before and after your first Botox treatment will help you get a better feel for what to expect during the preparation and healing process. Learn the best tips to follow for your first Botox treatment in Broomall, PA. We provide Botox treatment for patients to treat wrinkles and folds like crow’s feet, frown lines, lipstick lines, and forehead lines. This cosmetic treatment relaxes facial muscles by blocking the nerve signals that make muscles contract. As a result, patients can experience smoother, more youthful-looking skin.
Tips to Keep In Mind Before Botox in Broomall, PA
Here is what you should know to prepare for Botox and to ensure swift healing after your Botox treatment:
Before Botox Treatment
Keep these tips in mind before your first Botox treatment to prevent bruising, dry skin, and discomfort:
- Exercise: We will ask patients to avoid exercising 24 hours after treatment, so be sure to exercise up to one day before your treatment.
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol can dry out the skin and increase the risk of bruising from Botox treatment. Avoid drinking one week before Botox.
- Don’t Take Blood Thinners: NSAIDs, fish oil, and other blood thinners can increase the risk of bruising. Take Tylenol instead.
- Don’t Eat Garlic: Garlic can also increase the risk of bruising. Do not eat foods that contain garlic seven days before your Botox treatment.
- Don’t Drink Coffee: Because coffee increases blood pressure, it can also increase the risk of bruising. Avoid coffee and caffeine 24 hours before treatment.
After Botox Treatment
Following your Botox treatment, ensure that you reduce irritation or swelling for quick healing:
- Avoid UV Exposure: The sun can increase redness and irritation after Botox treatment. Stay inside and limit outdoor time for at least 24 hours after Botox.
- Don’t Touch Your Face: Avoid any pressure on your face, and do not lay down with your face on a pillow. Do not rub at the injection sites. However, you can gently wash your face.
- Use Ice: Using an ice pack in 15 to 20-minute intervals helps prevent swelling post-treatment.
- Use a Gentle Cleanser: Avoid wearing makeup the day before and after treatment, and use a very gentle cleanser when washing your face. Use a gentle cleanser and water to wash your face 72 hours after treatment. You can begin to wear more skincare and makeup after this point.
Remember to prepare for future treatment! Botox lasts for six months or more, but touch-ups can help maintain your results. Schedule Botox treatment at Williamsburg Dental today. Contact us at (610) 347-8302. You can also request a dental appointment with us online. If you have any questions about Botox, please let us know, and we will be happy to help you!